List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hans Kind Date:November 20 2003 1:22pm
Subject:load data in file
View as plain text
Hi,

We have a 2 server setup. 1 server runs the web server with a PHP
application, the second server is the mysql database server.

The php application needs to connect to the mysql server, to import data
from a text file. For this we use Load Data Infile.

While everything else in the application works with regard to connecting to
tge mysql database, when we try to import data we are getting the following
error:

Can't get stat of '/upload/wachtbak_cu.txt' (Errcode: 2)

We have checked, and the file is indeed uploaded to the /upload directory
on the web server. However, after the connection is established with mysql
database, mysql tries to find the file on the mysql server.

Question is this. Is it possible to import a file into mysql, using Load
Data Infile, when you have 1 web server that runs the php apllication that
imports the data, and 1 mysql database server?

If that's not possible, is there a way to achieve this?

rgds

Hans Kind

Thread
load data in fileHans Kind20 Nov
  • Re: load data in filegerald_clark20 Nov
  • RE: load data in fileLarry Brown20 Dec
    • RE: load data in fileads mysql21 Dec
      • Re: load data in fileDan Nelson21 Dec
RE: load data in fileVictor Pendleton20 Nov