List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 8 1999 5:31pm
Subject:Re: list of possible errors
View as plain text
Ed Carp wrote:

> >Jeez.  How long you been waiting to use that one?
>
> Actually, I've been holding back.  About 75% of the questions posted to the
> list can be answered by either looking in the manual or looking at a SQL
> book, another 10% or so can be answered by peeking at the source code.  The
> rest are questions that require a little digging...

Ed:

Consider yourself lucky that not everyone can read
manuals effectively :). Think about all the jobs you've
done where they paid you money just to read the manual
and apply the solution found in there. Plus, Monty would
have had to charge  big bucks for each copy of MySQL
because he would not have enough support contracts :)

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)