List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jörgen Winqvist Date:November 18 2003 4:02pm
Subject:Re: 50 000 tables - table_cache
View as plain text
Hi Chris,

I know its not good to have that many tables but that's the way its
done. I can't see why a merge would help. It still has to open all the
tables.

regards

/jorgen

Chris Nolan wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Looking through the docs, MySQL's internals don't seem to lend
> themselves well to having this many tables. Is there any chance you
> could use MERGE tables to chuck a few of them together (admittedly I'm
> guessing here).
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
> Jörgen Winqvist wrote:
>
>> I'm working with an application that uses a lot of tables. Apx 50k
>> tables are accessed every 5 minuts and they are openened/closed
>> constantly. There is a performance problem and i've changed the
>> filesystem to reiserfs for better handling many files. I also
>> increased the open-file limit in both mysql and linux but i can't
>> increase table_cache more than 16384 tables.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Regards - Jorgen

Thread
50 000 tables - table_cacheJörgen Winqvist18 Nov
  • Re: 50 000 tables - table_cacheChris Nolan18 Nov
    • Re: 50 000 tables - table_cacheJörgen Winqvist18 Nov
  • Re: 50 000 tables - table_cacheDan Nelson18 Nov
RE: 50 000 tables - table_cacheDan Greene18 Nov