List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Nolan Date:November 18 2003 3:46pm
Subject:Re: 50 000 tables - table_cache
View as plain text
Hi!

Looking through the docs, MySQL's internals don't seem to lend
themselves well to having this many tables. Is there any chance you
could use MERGE tables to chuck a few of them together (admittedly I'm
guessing here).

Regards,

Chris

Jörgen Winqvist wrote:

> I'm working with an application that uses a lot of tables. Apx 50k
> tables are accessed every 5 minuts and they are openened/closed
> constantly. There is a performance problem and i've changed the
> filesystem to reiserfs for better handling many files. I also
> increased the open-file limit in both mysql and linux but i can't
> increase table_cache more than 16384 tables.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards - Jorgen

Thread
50 000 tables - table_cacheJörgen Winqvist18 Nov
  • Re: 50 000 tables - table_cacheChris Nolan18 Nov
    • Re: 50 000 tables - table_cacheJörgen Winqvist18 Nov
  • Re: 50 000 tables - table_cacheDan Nelson18 Nov
RE: 50 000 tables - table_cacheDan Greene18 Nov