List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:October 7 1999 5:47am
Subject:Re: from linux to NT
View as plain text
At 3:53 AM +0100 10/7/99, Stefan Tryggvason wrote:
>Dirk,
>
>There are no serious differences that I know of between PHP on Linux and on
>NT, aside maybe from some security issues with the web server being used and
>so on, which seems to be an ongoing argument between Linux and NT users
>anyway!  As for MySQL, there are differences in that the newest version
>available on Win32 platforms is 3.21.29a-gamma-debug.  Two prominent

Not true...the 3.21 version is the _shareware_ version. If you want a
current version, you have to pay the license fee - $200US, if I
remember correctly. I don't have my password handy to check the
Windows server download page, but the WinNT version is only a few
sub-version numbers behind the real release, if that.

>differences I have found are the syntax of the 'ALTER TABLE' statement,
>which is missing some functionality, and the lack of date arithmetic
>functions available in the later Linux releases.
>
>Regards,
>
>Stefan Tryggvason

-steve

+--------------- my people are the people of the dessert, ---------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                                     (530)754-9127 |
| Computer Consultant                         http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/ |
+---------------- said t e lawrence, picking up his fork ----------------+
Thread
Re: from linux to NTStefan Tryggvason7 Oct
  • Re: from linux to NTSteve Edberg7 Oct
Re: from linux to NTStefan Tryggvason7 Oct
Re: from linux to NTSteve Ruby7 Oct