List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:October 7 1999 4:57am
Subject:Re: db structure/accounting software
View as plain text
On Tue, 1999-10-05 13:17:25 -0700, Denis Voitenko wrote:
> The QUESTION:
>
> Would it increase the overall database performance if tables like
> these were moved into a separate database? Currently, all the
> history tables for Accounts Payable, Receivables, Sales Orders,
> etc. are located right in the main database.

No, for MySQL it should generally make no difference in which database
a table resides.  Tables are represented by three files in their
database directory, so it's up to the underlying filesystem under
which conditions access to these files is faster or slower ...

Sorry, I can;t help with your search for accounting packages ...

Regards,
  Martin
PGP KeyID=0xE8EF4F75 FiPr=5244 5EF3 B0B1 3826  E4EC 8058 7B31 3AD7
Thread
db structure/accounting softwareDenis Voitenko5 Oct
  • Re: db structure/accounting softwareMartin Ramsch7 Oct
Re: db structure/accounting softwareDenis Voitenko6 Oct