List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:November 13 2003 10:04pm
Subject:Re: Grant permissions problems - help
View as plain text
Nestor Florez wrote:

> I actually took a look at the mysql.user table and user nestor has a
> password in both entries to the table.
> One entry is for localhost and the other is for '%';
>
> I try inserting from the command line and I get:
> mysql> insert into School (school_desc) values ('Nestor');
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

OK, mysql says it inserted this row with no errors.

> Even when I do it as the main root for mysql the record is not
> inserted.

Why do you think the row is not inserted?

> Do you know how to reset the auto_increment

Depends on what you mean.  What exactly do you want to happen to the
auto_increment column?

> Nestor :-)
>
> Nestor A. Florez

> Their are two nestor users. One with a password and one without a
> password.
> The one with connect from anywhere is only allowed to modify the test
> database. Fix your privileges and you should be okay.

Thread
Grant permissions problems - helpNestor Florez13 Nov
Re: Grant permissions problems - helpNestor Florez13 Nov
  • Re: Grant permissions problems - helpGeorge Webb13 Nov
RE: Grant permissions problems - helpVictor Pendleton13 Nov
RE: Grant permissions problems - helpNestor Florez13 Nov
Re: Grant permissions problems - helpNestor Florez13 Nov
Re: Grant permissions problems - helpNestor Florez13 Nov
RE: Grant permissions problems - helpVictor Pendleton13 Nov
RE: Grant permissions problems - helpNestor Florez13 Nov
RE: Grant permissions problems - helpNestor Florez13 Nov
  • Re: Grant permissions problems - helpMichael Stassen13 Nov