List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:October 6 1999 11:02pm
Subject:Re: BLOB TRANSLATION PROBLEM
View as plain text
On Wed, 1999-10-06 15:10:29 -0400, Laszlo Szijarto wrote:
> I am inserting binary data into a BLOB column.  I attempted to
> "translate" the necessary escaped characters, 0, ', ", \ using PERL
> -- and all worked fine except in a single .gif file wherein what
> appeared as "?" in my vi editor in the original .gif was somehow
> translated into "NULL" when inserted into the BLOB column in the
> mysql database.
> Does anyone know what that would be?  Are there special issues with
> "?" that need to be addressed?

No, nothing else but the four characters you mention above.
(I assume you didn't mean the digit 0, but the character with code o?)

Please, what is the exact character code of the character, that
displays as "?"?

And how did you display the BLOB data received from the database?
It's not clear in which context and how you got the "NULL" ...

Regards,
  Martin
PGP KeyID=0xE8EF4F75 FiPr=5244 5EF3 B0B1 3826  E4EC 8058 7B31 3AD7
Thread
BLOB TRANSLATION PROBLEMLSzijarto6 Oct
  • Re: BLOB TRANSLATION PROBLEMJames Manning7 Oct
  • Re: BLOB TRANSLATION PROBLEMMartin Ramsch7 Oct
  • Re: BLOB TRANSLATION PROBLEMChip Turner7 Oct