List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 6 1999 7:26pm
Subject:Re: Problem doing SELECTs with date fields
View as plain text
<cut>

Terry> I had a look through the debugging chapter of the manual and used the
Terry> configure line suggested there:

Terry> CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O6" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O6 -felide-constructors
Terry> -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure

Terry> and this seemed to do the trick.

Terry> As I said, we are using gcc2.95.1 which had only recently been
Terry> upgraded.  Still not sure what the problem was but using the above line did
Terry> fix it.  My c/c++ is non existent, are there any implications for running a
Terry> production server with a mysqld configured with this command line (what do
Terry> all of the options mean)?

Hi!

It tells to gcc to compile a very optimized MySQL server and skip a
lot of stuff that may break things..

The above is the recommended configure line for get an efficient and
secure MySQL server!-O2;

Terry> Many thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.
Terry> Terry

Regards,
Monty
Thread
benchmarkalmir kazazic4 Oct
  • Re: benchmarkLuuk de Boer4 Oct
  • Re: benchmarkMartin Ramsch5 Oct
  • Re: benchmarkMartin Ramsch5 Oct
Re: benchmarkalmir kazazic4 Oct
  • Re: benchmarkLuuk de Boer4 Oct
  • Problem doing SELECTs with date fieldsTerry Brown4 Oct
    • Problem doing SELECTs with date fieldsJani Tolonen4 Oct
      • Re: Problem doing SELECTs with date fieldsTerry Brown6 Oct
        • Re: Problem doing SELECTs with date fieldsMichael Widenius7 Oct