List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 7 1999 1:18am
Subject:Installing MySQL on Redhat Linux 6.0
View as plain text
>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin S Mahler <kmahler@stripped> writes:

Kevin> I've read the documentation.  Looked for a FAQ but can't find one
Kevin> and I still can't get MySQL running on my Redhat 6.0 box.
Kevin> Can someone give me a push in the right direction?

Kevin> I tried installing from both the rpms and source.  When I try
Kevin> to start mysqld I get the following error message in /var/lib/mysql

Kevin> 990930  1:05:21  /usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't find file: 'host.ISM' (errno: 2)
Kevin> mysqld ended on  Thu Sep 30 01:05:21 EDT 1999

Kevin> I've looked and can't find a host.ISM file anywhere. Can't find a reference
Kevin> to it in the doc either.  I did find the host.MYD and host.MYI and host.frm
Kevin> in the /var/lib/mysql/mysql directory.

Kevin> Thanks,

Hi!

Which MySQL RPM did you install?

Try removing all tables in the /var/lib/mysql/mysql directory and run
then the mysql_install_db script.  This should create the MySQL tables!

After this you should be able to start the mysqld server with the safe_mysqld
script!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Installing MySQL on Redhat Linux 6.0Kevin S. Mahler30 Sep
  • Re: Installing MySQL on Redhat Linux 6.0sinisa1 Oct
  • Re: Installing MySQL on Redhat Linux 6.0Joseph R. Junkin4 Oct
  • Installing MySQL on Redhat Linux 6.0Michael Widenius7 Oct