List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Boyd Lynn Gerber (801) 250-O795 Work Date:April 8 1999 4:17pm
Subject:Re: SCO Open Server 5.0.2 configure & compilation problems
View as plain text
I would not use coff binaries...  You will find you will have a lot of
problems.  5.0.2 does support elf binaries.  I have a 5.0.2 machine that
makes and runs them just fine.  One thing you need to realize it that you
need a mixure of -melf and -belf to get things to work with the stock gcc.
It requires the SCO linker.  The SCO linker needs the -belf to know you
are using elf.  The stock gcc needs the -melf command to generate elf
files.  I would use either the egcs gcc or Robert Lipes version and then
you will not have the problems.

Good Luck,

Boyd Gerber
gerberb@stripped

Thread
SCO Open Server 5.0.2 configure & compilation problemsTkachenko Sergiy8 Apr
  • Re: SCO Open Server 5.0.2 configure & compilation problems801) 250-O795 Work8 Apr