List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:KEVIN ZEMBOWER Date:November 7 2003 5:23pm
Subject:Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL Server
View as plain text
Martijn, thank you very much for your analysis. I hope others will continue to join in.

With regard to your point quoted below, are you referring to PostgreSQL, and would that be
stronger competitor to MS SQL Server 2000 than either the current version of MySQL or
MySQL 5?

Thanks, again, for your thoughts.

-Kevin

>>> Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped> 11/07/03 12:12PM >>>
> 3. Would the deficiencies pointed out in MySQL, if true, apply to the type
of work we envision? Granted, I haven't given you all much information about
what we hope to do with an SQL engine, but I don't think it will be very
sophisticated.

If it's not "very sophisticated", MySQL will do just fine. In my opinion.
There are
other free and open source DBMSes as well, that do have procedures,
triggers,
views, subqueries and the like.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird & MS SQL Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerKEVIN ZEMBOWER7 Nov
  • Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerMartijn Tonies7 Nov
  • Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerBrent Baisley7 Nov
Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerKEVIN ZEMBOWER7 Nov
  • Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerMartijn Tonies7 Nov
Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerNestor Florez7 Nov
Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerKEVIN ZEMBOWER7 Nov
  • Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerJeff Mathis7 Nov
RE: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerJohn Griffin7 Nov
Re: Need help comparing MySQL to MS SQL ServerPeter Gulutzan18 Nov