List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 6 1999 5:18pm
Subject:RE: MS Access 97 connection to MySQL
View as plain text
<cut>

barry> Dear Jani,
barry> Thank you for your help.
barry> Just made another test. I found that I can add/update/delete
barry> the tables entry AFTER I drop the TIMESTAMP field in the
barry> table. It is contrary to the MySQL manual's instruction.
barry> My version of MySQL is 3.22.26a and MyODBC is v2.5

barry> rgds
barry> Barry

Hi!

How did you define the TIMESTAMP column?  To get this to work with
Access one must define is without a length modifier !

For example:

CREATE TABLE foo (a int not null primary key, b timestamp);

The following will not work:

CREATE TABLE foo (a int not null primary key, b timestamp(8));

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MS Access 97 connection to MySQLbarry4 Oct
  • MS Access 97 connection to MySQLJani Tolonen4 Oct
RE: MS Access 97 connection to MySQLWilly Gielen4 Oct
  • RE: MS Access 97 connection to MySQLJani Tolonen5 Oct
Re: MS Access 97 connection to MySQLalmir kazazic5 Oct
  • mysql select into outfiledstankovic5 Oct
Re: MS Access 97 connection to MySQLbarry5 Oct
RE: MS Access 97 connection to MySQLbarry6 Oct
  • RE: MS Access 97 connection to MySQLMichael Widenius6 Oct
RE: MS Access 97 connection to MySQLbarry7 Oct