List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Brando Date:November 6 2003 9:02pm
Subject:RE: ROWID
View as plain text

Ok, so that search produces this:

" If the PRIMARY or UNIQUE key consists of only one column and this is of type
integer, you can also refer to it as _rowid (new in Version 3.23.11)."

But that's not what a "ROWID" is compared to what I think the original poster
was looking for. In Oracle for example, a ROWID is the unique address of a row
in the database. Every row, unique key or not has a unique address. Is there
such a thing in MySQL? ROWIDs are extremely useful for guaranteeing that you
are manipulating the exact row that you think you are.

Mike

Michael Brando
Senior Manager of Engineering
Applied Biosystems