List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Baisley Date:November 4 2003 11:46pm
Subject:Re: query time in ~3M row table
View as plain text
I had thought it was inclusive, but in quick tests I discovered it was
not. I haven't tried to look it up in the documentation yet.
In my test I did a query on a contact database like this:
select lastname from contacts where lastname between 'A' and 'B';

Only 'A' names are returned. Yes, there are hundreds of 'B' names. I
haven't tried this with numbers and dates to see if it's the same
result. I would think it should be the same. This is using 4.0.12 (I'll
have to upgrade that soon). I'd be curious what your tests show.

--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect

Thread
query time in ~3M row tablejabbott4 Nov
  • Re: query time in ~3M row tableBrent Baisley4 Nov
    • Re: query time in ~3M row tablejabbott5 Nov
      • Re: query time in ~3M row tableMatt W5 Nov
        • Re: query time in ~3M row tableBrent Baisley5 Nov
          • Re: query time in ~3M row tableDan Nelson5 Nov