List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:October 6 1999 1:20pm
Subject:Re: char and varchar question
View as plain text
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find a datatype that can contain more then 255 chars.
> So far in MySql I've only found the char and varchar datatypes that can
> contain any larger amount of text. My problem is that I might add whole
> essays into a field.
>
> Another problem is that it should follow the ANSI-SQL standard so I'm
> working on a number of other databases as well. Can anyone give me an
> idea on what to do?
>
> Archie

Try looking in the manual.

Both text and blob types can be very large.
Thread
char and varchar questionArchibald Zimonyi6 Oct
  • Re: char and varchar questionsinisa6 Oct
  • Re: char and varchar questionGerald Clark6 Oct
    • Re: char and varchar questionArchibald Zimonyi6 Oct
      • Re: char and varchar questionBob Kline7 Oct
        • Re: char and varchar questionArchibald Zimonyi7 Oct
  • Re: char and varchar questionDerek Lavine7 Oct