List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt W Date:November 1 2003 10:24pm
Subject:Re: Too Many Columns ERROR 175..
View as plain text
Hi Mike,

From the last paragraph at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Storage_requirements.html

"The maximum size of a row in a MyISAM table is 65534 bytes. Each BLOB
and TEXT column accounts for only 5-9 bytes toward this size."

I assume from this that a VARCHAR(255) column (or even VARCHAR(10))
would count more towards that limit than a TINYTEXT one, even though
they can store the same amount.

Hope that helps.

Matt