List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jeffrey_n_Dyke Date:October 29 2003 4:09pm
Subject:Re: Finding information in the last record
View as plain text
this should work....

SELECT sku from [table] order by [key] desc limit 1

hth
Jeff

                      "Hunter, Jess"

                      <JHunter@SPFLDSPA        To:       mysql@stripped

                      RC.ORG>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Finding information in the last
record
                      10/29/2003 10:50

                      AM

Being real new to MySQL I am having difficulty finding information on how
retrieve data from the last record in a database.

I have tried using the SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() statement but that only
works
on a per connection basis and doesn't help all the times.

Basically I want to goto the end of file and pull the data from a
particular
field ("sku") from the last record/row.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

Jess

---