List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 29 2003 4:01pm
Subject:Re: Finding information in the last record
View as plain text
Hi Jess,

> Being real new to MySQL I am having difficulty finding information on how
> retrieve data from the last record in a database.

Mind you - the "last" record doesn't have to be the last record if you're
running an application with multiple users.

That said, the last record in any table using a numeric PK should be the
record with the highest PK value:

select *
from table_name
order by pk_column desc
limit 1

> I have tried using the SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() statement but that only
works
> on a per connection basis and doesn't help all the times.
>
> Basically I want to goto the end of file and pull the data from a
particular
> field ("sku") from the last record/row.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird & MS SQL Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Finding information in the last recordJess Hunter29 Oct
  • Re: Finding information in the last recordMartijn Tonies29 Oct
Re: Finding information in the last recordjeffrey_n_Dyke29 Oct