List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:trogers Date:October 29 2003 7:08am
Subject:help with startup accesss
View as plain text
Hello,

I've reinstalled my system (Mac OS 10.3 Server).
In trying to get MySQL going again.  I can run mysql_install_db, but I
can't access the mysql db and I can not set a root user password.
If I try to login: mysql -u root
it says access denied to root@localhost.

If I simply type "mysql" (no quotes) I get into MySQL, but cannot
affect the MySQL db.

I seem to remember that perhaps the answer is to chown -R on MySQL's
data files, but I'm not sure where/which those are!

I have the following:
/var/mysql/ (2 folders are in there 'test' and 'mysql', among a few
other files -- that must be the mysql db?); I also have
/usr/share/mysql/ (in here are the .cnf files, e.g., my-huge.cnf, et
al).  I do not see a folder called "data" anywhere, or I haven't found
it.  :-(

HELP, please?

Ted R.

Thread
SQL QueryGrĂ©gory Verret25 Jun
  • Re: SQL QueryBecoming Digital25 Jun
    • help with startup accessstrogers29 Oct