List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Saqib Ali Date:October 28 2003 7:56pm
Subject:RE: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)
View as plain text
so funtions that can be performed by relation algebra are a subset of the
functions performed by a relational database?

however isn't it required for a relational database to perform all the
functions of relation algebra?

Saqib Ali
---------
http://validate.sourceforge.net <--- XHTML/HTML/DocBook Validator

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Jon Frisby wrote:

> No.  Codd's rules defining what is a relational database are more
> specific than relational algebra can express.  Essentially the
> requirements to be a relational database are a superset of the
> operations defined by relational algebra.
>
> -JF

Foreigner keys in MySQL?Juliana Gubert Ehrensperger28 Oct
  • RE: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Michael McTernan28 Oct
  • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Peter Brawley28 Oct
  • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?bluejack28 Oct
    • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Martijn Tonies28 Oct
      • Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)bluejack28 Oct
        • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies28 Oct
      • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?shrek-m@gmx.de28 Oct
RE: Foreigner keys in MySQL?John Griffin28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)jeffrey_n_Dyke28 Oct
  • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Saqib Ali28 Oct
RE: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Saqib Ali28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)bluejack28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Heikki Tuuri28 Oct
  • RE: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Mike Brando28 Oct
    • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies29 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Peter Brawley28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies29 Oct