List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shrek-m@gmx.de Date:October 28 2003 7:07pm
Subject:Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?
View as plain text
Martijn Tonies wrote:
>>>   Nevertheless, I received the information that MySQL don't support
>>>relacional functions between tables of the same database. I'm not sure
>>>about this, and I'd like to confirm this information. Does MySQL allow
>>>relacionl functions between tables recognizing "foreign keys"?
>>>   Excuse me for asking a so simple question,
>>
>>If you are trying to determine whether MySQL is a relational database,
>>the answer is yes.
>

> Ehm... the answer is "no".

ehm ...

i have no clue about DBMS, but ...

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/What-is.html

MySQL is a relational database management system.
A relational database stores data in separate tables rather than putting
all the data in one big storeroom.[...]

or take a look at

addison-wesley / pearson education
"fundamentals of database systems" third edition
Ramez Elmasry, Shamkant Navathe

eg.
in the german edition:
chapter 2.5 Klassifikation von DBMS  p.58ff

--
shrek-m

Thread
Foreigner keys in MySQL?Juliana Gubert Ehrensperger28 Oct
  • RE: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Michael McTernan28 Oct
  • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Peter Brawley28 Oct
  • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?bluejack28 Oct
    • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Martijn Tonies28 Oct
      • Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)bluejack28 Oct
        • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies28 Oct
      • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?shrek-m@gmx.de28 Oct
RE: Foreigner keys in MySQL?John Griffin28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)jeffrey_n_Dyke28 Oct
  • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Saqib Ali28 Oct
RE: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Saqib Ali28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)bluejack28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Heikki Tuuri28 Oct
  • RE: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Mike Brando28 Oct
    • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies29 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Peter Brawley28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies29 Oct