List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:October 28 2003 2:03pm
Subject:Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?
View as plain text
Yes it does.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Juliana Gubert Ehrensperger
  To: SQL List
  Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 8:50 AM
  Subject: Foreigner keys in MySQL?

  Hello all,
      I'm joined to a research project and by now we need to specify a
  software to build a database.
      Although I don't have so much information about this kind of
  software, I've been considered MySQL a good option, as it's an open
  source database and this project has been developed in a public
  university.
      Nevertheless, I received the information that MySQL don't support
  relacional functions between tables of the same database. I'm not sure
  about this, and I'd like to confirm this information. Does MySQL allow
  relacionl functions between tables recognizing "foreign keys"?
      Excuse me for asking a so simple question,

  Juliana Gubert Ehrensperger
  Federal Univesity of Santa Catarina
  Brazil

Foreigner keys in MySQL?Juliana Gubert Ehrensperger28 Oct
  • RE: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Michael McTernan28 Oct
  • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Peter Brawley28 Oct
  • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?bluejack28 Oct
    • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?Martijn Tonies28 Oct
      • Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)bluejack28 Oct
        • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies28 Oct
      • Re: Foreigner keys in MySQL?shrek-m@gmx.de28 Oct
RE: Foreigner keys in MySQL?John Griffin28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)jeffrey_n_Dyke28 Oct
  • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Saqib Ali28 Oct
RE: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Saqib Ali28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)bluejack28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Heikki Tuuri28 Oct
  • RE: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Mike Brando28 Oct
    • Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies29 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Peter Brawley28 Oct
Re: Is MySQL Relational? (was: Foreigner keys in MySQL?)Martijn Tonies29 Oct