List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 28 2003 9:35am
Subject:Re: alternate syntax for UNION?
View as plain text
Hi Victor,

> > Desperately need some way to get around the fact that UNION is not
> > possible to use on mysql prior to version 4…
> >
> > Was just about to launch a site when it showed up that the hosting
> > provider was running version 3.xxxx
> >
> > Help!
>
> Come on now - don't make me change to postgreSQL ;)

:-) ... or Firebird :-)

Anyway, perhaps you can get around it by using a MERGE table?

(do note that my real-life MySQL knowledged is ... well, not a lot)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird & MS SQL Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
alternate syntax for UNION?Victor Spång Arthursson26 Oct
  • RE: alternate syntax for UNION?Freddie Sorensen26 Oct
  • Re: alternate syntax for UNION?Victor Spång Arthursson28 Oct
  • Re: alternate syntax for UNION?Martijn Tonies28 Oct
  • Re: alternate syntax for UNION?Nitin28 Oct