List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:October 6 1999 12:56am
Subject:Re: DBI:mysql Can't connect to local MySQL server
View as plain text
At 17:50, 19991005, Gregory McCann wrote:
>DBI:mysql was looking for the socket file in /tmp/mysql.sock when it
>was actually in /usr/home/myusername/tmp/mysql.sock.

That's interesting....  Of course it does make sense.

>Though I don't understand why the mysql command interface does not have
>a problem with this also.

Perhaps you have a .my.cnf file in your home directory that tells the
client where to look?

Tim
Thread
PHP to MySQLShawn Blazier5 Oct
  • Re: PHP to MySQLJunster5 Oct
    • DBI:mysql Can't connect to local MySQL serverGregory McCann6 Oct
      • Re: DBI:mysql Can't connect to local MySQL serverThimble Smith6 Oct
        • Re: DBI:mysql Can't connect to local MySQL serverGregory McCann6 Oct
          • Re: DBI:mysql Can't connect to local MySQL serverThimble Smith6 Oct
  • Re: PHP to MySQLMartin Ramsch7 Oct
    • Re: PHP to MySQLPaul DuBois7 Oct