List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:October 6 1999 12:47am
Subject:Something's rotten
View as plain text
Hi,

Last week my disk ran full, resulting in my statistics database scripts
stopped working. This is kinda ok, but, after shutting down the server,
freeing a lot of space and recovering the tables, using isamchk -r, i
would expect things to be back to normal. It's not.

I'm importing somthing like 1+ mill. records, one time every 24 hours,
consolidating the data and delete anything thats more than 3 months old,
from the imported data. I was under the impresion that the "isamchk -r"
function would rebuild indexes on the table, but it looks like im wrong.

I keep getting an error stating that my database is corrupt

"ERROR 1034 at line 1: Incorrect key file for table: 'transfer'. Try to
repair it"

So here's my question. what do i do, short of, export,drop,create
and import.

BTW. This setup is on Slackware 3.4, Kernel 2.0.34 and MySQL 3.22.25

--
Later
      Mogens Melander              mailto:mogens@stripped