List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Melander Date:October 6 1999 12:47am
Subject:Something's rotten
View as plain text

Last week my disk ran full, resulting in my statistics database scripts
stopped working. This is kinda ok, but, after shutting down the server,
freeing a lot of space and recovering the tables, using isamchk -r, i
would expect things to be back to normal. It's not.

I'm importing somthing like 1+ mill. records, one time every 24 hours,
consolidating the data and delete anything thats more than 3 months old,
from the imported data. I was under the impresion that the "isamchk -r"
function would rebuild indexes on the table, but it looks like im wrong.

I keep getting an error stating that my database is corrupt

"ERROR 1034 at line 1: Incorrect key file for table: 'transfer'. Try to
repair it"

So here's my question. what do i do, short of, export,drop,create
and import.

BTW. This setup is on Slackware 3.4, Kernel 2.0.34 and MySQL 3.22.25

      Mogens Melander              mailto:mogens@stripped
Something's rottenMogens Melander6 Oct
  • Something's rottenMichael Widenius7 Oct