List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 5 1999 11:54pm
Subject:Re: i just got another little bug
View as plain text
> writes:

Matthias> Michael Widenius wrote:
Balint> select round(0*-1)  -> -0
Balint> select round(-0)    -> 0
Balint> select 0*-1  -> 0
>> [...]
>> The problem is that modern machines supports negative 0 (-0).

Matthias> But even if we accept that there is something like -0, I still
Matthias> think that the three examples should return the *same* result.

Hi!

Yes, I agree in principle..  The problem is that in this case it's the
glibc math library that makes things 'interesting' and it's not that
easy to fix...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
i just got another little bugBalint TOTH29 Sep
  • i just got another little bugJani Tolonen2 Oct
  • i just got another little bugMichael Widenius5 Oct
  • Re: i just got another little bugMatthias Fichtner5 Oct
    • Re: i just got another little bugMichael Widenius6 Oct
    • DelphiAndre Natal7 Oct
      • Re: Delphisinisa7 Oct
Re: Delphi(Jairo Souto)8 Oct
Re: Delphi(Jairo Souto)8 Oct