List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony Dovgal Date:October 22 2003 6:08am
Subject:Re: Access my mysql db remotely...
View as plain text
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:00:13 +0800
"Hiu Yen Onn" <yohiu@stripped> wrote:

> i want to create a user who access from internet remotely to my db (outside
> firewall)?
> what is the solution then? how can i define the user accoutn?
> user@???WHAT_SHOULD_I_PUT_HERE???

if your firewall allows other users to connect to your host using port 3306 (which is
default for MySQL), then you should put there user's hostname.
smthng like this:
user@stripped

---
WBR,
Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
tony2001@stripped
Thread
Access my mysql db remotely...Hiu Yen Onn22 Oct
  • Install MySQL and MS SQL on Same ServerWilliam IT22 Oct
  • Re: Access my mysql db remotely...Antony Dovgal22 Oct
  • Re: Access my mysql db remotely...Kelley Lingerfelt22 Oct
  • Re: Install MySQL and MS SQL on Same ServerMartijn Tonies22 Oct