List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:April 8 1999 10:42am
Subject:Re: Do I use the SRC.RPM [or BINARY/Server.RPM] with Client & Devel RPMs
View as plain text
>My question is...which do I use...?
>
>...The Source RPM...or the binary/server RPM...???

Actually, I just downloaded the original source (instead of the RPM) and
built it myself for RH 5.2.  Works great.  I haven't downloaded the
latest/greatest, but that will come this weekend - I'm salivating over the
TCP_NODELAY stuff :)

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be a Linux Deity(tm) to follow
the install directions to build it from source. :) Also, that way, I know
it's configured for *my* machine, and it's easier to track down problems
that way.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG - erc@stripped - 9403672744@stripped for URGENT
messages only!

"Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path
whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. Truth, being limitless,
unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized;
nor should any organisation be formed to lead or to coerce people along any
particular path."  --J. Krishnamurti

Thread
Do I use the SRC.RPM [or BINARY/Server.RPM] with Client & Devel RPMsJohn8 Apr
  • Re: JDBC Drivers with MySQLSteve Ruby8 Aug
  • Re: JDBC Drivers with MySQLRachel Rainey8 Aug
  • Re: JDBC Drivers with MySQLSteve Ruby8 Aug
Re: Do I use the SRC.RPM [or BINARY/Server.RPM] with Client & Devel RPMsEd Carp8 Apr
Re: JDBC Drivers with MySQLOlexandr Rudyy8 Aug