List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Foster IFP Date:October 15 2003 7:51pm
Subject:Re: Queries per second unjustifyingly increases over time
View as plain text
Quoting Jeremy Zawodny <Jeremy@stripped>:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:37:29AM +0100, Gavin Foster IFP wrote:
> >
> > An example from just after restart (using myTop in 'm' mode showing
> > number of queries executed each 1 second interval):
>
> Dan has your answer on this.  I'm just amazed that anyone uses the 'm'
> feature.  I added it mostly as a debugging aid long ago. :-)

Wow! Jeremy Zawodny - I took my company's web server from an average server load of 6 to
an average of 0.4 using your mysql optimisation lecture slides and mytop (having only
experienced basic SQL server beforehand)

Thank you!

P.S. and yes the logging did tell me all I wanted to know - badly written database access
code was to blame.

--gav.