List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Roger Baklund Date:October 15 2003 3:07pm
Subject:Re: assorted: foreign keys, mult databases, and crashes
View as plain text
* DeBug
> >> How does one restore a mysql database if it crashes in
> >> the middle of a large operation?
>
> RB> Not sure what you mean...
>
> What if i on purpose turn off the computer when mysql is in the middle of
> transaction execution ?

Then someone should smack your fingers...! ;)

> Will the server on restart automatically
> rollback the crashed transaction ?

If you are lucky. I really don't know, but I would expect a database server
to try to keep the data consistent, ie rollback crashed transactions.
However, I would not rely on that allways succeeding. Having a backup is
allways a good idea.

--
Roger

Thread
assorted: foreign keys, mult databases, and crashesTofu Optimist15 Oct
  • Re: assorted: foreign keys, mult databases, and crashesRoger Baklund15 Oct
    • Re[2]: assorted: foreign keys, mult databases, and crashesDeBug15 Oct
      • Re: assorted: foreign keys, mult databases, and crashesRoger Baklund15 Oct
        • Re: assorted: foreign keys, mult databases, and crashesNitin15 Oct
          • Re: assorted: foreign keys, mult databases, and crashesRoger Baklund15 Oct