List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luke Date:April 8 1999 8:34am
Subject:Re: silient and very short auto-start
View as plain text
>I have this stuff at the end of my /etc/rc.local:
>
>echo -n 'starting local daemons:'
>
># put your local stuff here
>
>/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
>/usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld -l --user=junkyard&

I believe the mysql package in FreeBSD installs a startup file for
mysql in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql.sh
I don't think it makes a huge difference, but the directory
/usr/local/etc/rc.d is checked for scripts at boot, and it runs any it finds
there. I think its preferred over using /etc/rc.local.

---

E-Mail: Luke <lh@stripped>
Sent by XFMail
----------------------------------
Thread
silient and very short auto-startDavid Hanney1 Apr
  • Re: silient and very short auto-startDima Chernyshenko1 Apr
  • Re: silient and very short auto-startFrederik Lindberg1 Apr
    • Re: silient and very short auto-startDavid Hanney1 Apr
  • silient and very short auto-startMichael Widenius1 Apr
  • Re: silient and very short auto-startPaul DuBois1 Apr
    • Re: silient and very short auto-startLuke8 Apr
      • Re: silient and very short auto-startEd Carp8 Apr
Re: silient and very short auto-startJordan Krushen8 Apr
  • Re: silient and very short auto-startSasha Pachev8 Apr
Re: silient and very short auto-startEd Carp8 Apr
  • Re: silient and very short auto-startJordan Krushen9 Apr
  • Re: silient and very short auto-startEd Carp9 Apr