List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Blaine Grady Date:April 8 1999 4:43am
Subject:Re: Problems compiling apache with php and mysql (mysqlclient li
View as plain text
I'm running Redhat 5.2 with Linux 2.0.36.  How I got Apache/PHP/MySQL to work is to
install the MySQL, MySQL-client, and MySQL-devel rpms.  Follow the instructions given at
http://www.php.net/manual/installation.php3, but change the following.

6. ./configure (don't use the --prefix, ignore any warnings)
8.  ./configure --with-mysql=/usr --with-apache=../apache_1.3.6
--enable-track-vars (need to specify where mysql, the default is incorrect)
12. ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf --logfiledir=/var/log/httpd
--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a
14. don't do a make install, just copy the httpd binary in the src directory of the apache
build directory to /usr/sbin.  (make sure you shut httpd down)

This should do it for you.  This only works for Redhat.  You can download the MySQL rpms
from any MySQL mirror.  If you have any problems, feel free to email me directly.

Blaine Grady
Database & Internet Developer
Kragie Newell Integrated Marketing

Marco wrote:
>Hi
>
>I want to compile apache with PHP, that was compiled with MySQL-Support.
>While running ./configure I get the message "/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld: cannot
>open -lmysqlclient: No such file or directroy"
>I suppose the mysqlclient library is missing.
>
>Witch files do I need to install and where? Where may I get these files?
>
>I'm using MySQL 3.22.20a  (RPM-Dist.),
>PHP 3.0.7,
>Apache 1.3.6,
>(Linux 2.0.32, gcc 2.7.2.1)
>
>Thanx
>
>Marco Steinacher
>WebSource Internet Services
>Baumschulweg 2
>CH-8254 Basadingen                    UIN: 3365829
>Phone: ++41 (0) 52 646 09 06      info@stripped
>Fax:      ++41 (0) 52 646 09 08      www.websource.ch

Re: Problems compiling apache with php and mysql (mysqlclient liBlaine Grady8 Apr