List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dathan Vance Pattishall Date:September 30 2003 8:11pm
Subject:RE: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]
View as plain text
-->-----Original Message-----
-->From: Jeremy Zawodny [mailto:Jeremy@stripped]
-->Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 11:51 AM
-->To: Dathan Vance Pattishall
-->Cc: mysql@stripped
-->Subject: Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave
-->[also]
-->
-->On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:36:30AM -0700, Dathan Vance Pattishall
wrote:
-->>
-->> Yes, I use a custom mytop (sent my patches in to you). In fact I'm
-->> making a signed java applet to simulate mytop, just to be fancy ;)
as
-->> well as not having to ssh into a central box that can reach all my
-->> servers.
-->
-->Really?  Which patch?  Have I integrated it yet? :-)

 Patch Contained SLAVE / Master Positions as well as which databases are
ignored or slaved, and a full list of possible keys Command (E). I can
resend another patch; I've made some changes since.

-->
-->This helps no matter how many readers/writers you have.  It's a
cache.

Cool, makes sense now. The key_buffer was to low. The RAID drives where
being hit nearly on every SELECT and reducing resources for the dirty
buffer from being flushed as often as it needed to be.

Thanks
Dathan

-->
-->Jeremy
-->--
-->Jeremy D. Zawodny     |  Perl, Web, MySQL, Linux Magazine, Yahoo!
--><Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/
-->
-->MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 16 days, processed 586,742,904 queries
-->(404/sec. avg)
-->
-->--
-->MySQL General Mailing List
-->For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
-->To unsubscribe:
-->http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

Thread
What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slaveDathan Vance Pattishall30 Sep
  • Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slaveJeremy Zawodny30 Sep
    • RE: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slaveDathan Vance Pattishall30 Sep
    • RE: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]Dathan Vance Pattishall30 Sep
      • Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]Jeremy Zawodny30 Sep
        • RE: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]Dathan Vance Pattishall30 Sep
          • Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]Jeremy Zawodny30 Sep
            • RE: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]Dathan Vance Pattishall30 Sep
              • Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]Jeremy Zawodny30 Sep
                • Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]William R. Mussatto30 Sep
                  • Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slave [also]Jeremy Zawodny1 Oct
  • Re: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slaveDan Nelson30 Sep
    • RE: What are the effects of key_buffer on a dedicated slaveDathan Vance Pattishall30 Sep