List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jonathan michaels Date:April 8 1999 12:06am
Subject:Re: Selecting top level domains
View as plain text
On Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 12:49:15PM +0100, Adam Powell wrote:

> Hi there, I wish to write a SELECT statement to process a list of urls
> (without the leading http://) to find top level domains, ie those like
> www.something.com, www.somethingother.net, and not those with a subdirectory
> such as www.something.com/mypage.  What is the syntax of doing this?  I have
> tried a few things but cannot get it to work.

www.some.domain.com.au

you might need to watchout for tld's that are outside teh
american sphere of delegation .. just a warning.

it can make sorting a real mess, especially if its related to
ecommerce and such like.

regards

jonathan

Jonathan Michaels
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445 Australia

Thread
Selecting top level domainsAdam Powell5 Apr
  • Re: Selecting top level domainsFernando Ulisses dos Santos5 Apr
  • Re: Selecting top level domainsjonathan michaels8 Apr