List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bob Kline Date:October 4 1999 11:47am
Subject:Re: ODBC Calls to Oracle DB and MSSQL Server 7
View as plain text
On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Mike Humphreys  (DSL Ch) wrote:

> Does anyone out there have any experience with writing client programmes
> that make SQL "calls" to either (or both) Oracle databases and/or Microsoft
> SQLServer 7 databases?
>
> I have downloaded the iODBC, MyODBC and the MySQL source code and have
> successfully compiled them, but there is no sample code or (useful)
> help/manual pages!!
>
> I have two questions, 1) is MyODBC the correct 'tool' for what I want to do?
> and 2) is there any sample code to give a push in the right direction?

1. MyODBC is a tool for connecting with MySQL, which is a DBMS, not a
   front end for other DBMS products.

2. MySQL comes with an excellent manual, and there are plenty of
   examples available to help do what MySQL and MyODBC are intended
   to do.  If you didn't get the manual with MySQL it would be
   interesting to know where you downloaded it from.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@stripped

Thread
problems with "make install" - Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet21 Mar
  • Re: problems with "make install" - Installing mysql in LinuxThimble Smith21 Mar
Re: problems with "make install" - Installing mysql in LinuxIsabelle Poueriet22 Mar
Re: problems with "make install" - Installing mysql in LinuxFred Lindberg22 Mar
Re: ODBC Calls to Oracle DB and MSSQL Server 7almir kazazic4 Oct
Re: ODBC Calls to Oracle DB and MSSQL Server 7Bob Kline4 Oct