List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:September 18 2003 6:28pm
Subject:Upgrade from 3.23.52 to 4.0.15 all my database show up as empty.
View as plain text
I'm not normally one to panic, and I know I can revert back to an old
3.23.57 version, but this is concerning and was hoping a guru could tell me
what is wrong here.  After the rpm upgrade, all my databases show up (ie. In
phpMyAdmin for example), but they all show (-) for the tables -- in
otherwords, they're aren't any tables. /var/lib/mysql/ shows all the
databases and there appears to be data and files in the directories.
Reverting back to the 3.23 version they all work. No errors shown in the
.err file either...

[root@daevid mysql]# cat daevid.err
030918 11:29:50  mysqld started
030918 11:29:50  InnoDB: Started
/usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.15-standard'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306

I have a RedHat 8 system that's run solid for years. I was running the
3.23.52 RPMS and recently a project required me to have 4.0.15 (for
cascading updates). I removed all the old rpms, then installed the new rpms.
No problems encountered except I can't seem to remove
"mysql-server-3.23.52-3" from the rpm list but I don't think it's really
there on my system. I performed this same update last week on another RH8
system running 2.23.56. in fact I'm using the exact same 4.0.15 rpms copied
from the other machine.  Google search didn't turn up any solutions that I
saw.

[root@daevid mysql]# rpm -qa | grep "mysql" -i
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-2
MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.15-0
qt-MySQL-3.0.5-17
php-mysql-4.1.2-7.3.4
mysql-server-3.23.52-3
MySQL-python-0.9.1-4
MySQL-client-4.0.15-0
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1017-3
mod_auth_mysql-1.11-1
arkpmysql-5.1.7-1
MySQL-devel-4.0.15-0
MySQL-shared-4.0.15-0
MySQL-server-4.0.15-0

[root@daevid mysql]# mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 10 to server version: 4.0.15-standard

[root@daevid mysql]# mysql --version;
mysql  Ver 12.21 Distrib 4.0.15, for pc-linux (i686)

[root@daevid mysql]# cat /etc/my.cnf
[client]
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

[mysqld]
port=3306
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

innodb_data_home_dir=

#                                  Data file(s) must be able to
#                                  hold your data and indexes.
#                                  Make sure you have enough
#                                  free disk space.
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend

#                                  Set buffer pool size to
#                                  50 - 80 % of your computer's
#                                  memory
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=70M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=10M

#                                  Set the log file size to about
#                                  25 % of the buffer pool size
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=20M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M

#                                  Set ..flush_log_at_trx_commit
#                                  to 0 if you can afford losing
#                                  some last transactions
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50
#innodb_flush_method=fdatasync
#set-variable = innodb_thread_concurrency=5

skip-locking
set-variable = max_connections=200
#set-variable = read_buffer_size=1M
set-variable = sort_buffer=1M
#                                  Set key_buffer to 5 - 50%
#                                  of your RAM depending on how
#                                  much you use MyISAM tables, but
#                                  keep key_buffer + InnoDB
#                                  buffer pool size < 80% of
#                                  your RAM
set-variable = key_buffer=10M

Thread
Upgrade from 3.23.52 to 4.0.15 all my database show up as empty.Daevid Vincent18 Sep