List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Allen Date:September 18 2003 3:20pm
Subject:Slow query join problem
View as plain text
I have two tables.  One table is 13 million rows the other is about 250,000.  I am trying
to join the two to find users.  The tables are not indexed and I know that will effect
the speed, but the join never completes.  I let it run for about 10 hours and the process
was stuck in the "sending" state, which I don't really understand.  What is taking so
long?  The join size should be no greater than 250,000 which is the size of the second
table.  Yes???

I am using the default join_buffer size, which seems to low.  Might this be the problem?

--
Allen Brost

Thread
Slow query join problemAllen18 Sep
  • Re: Slow query join problemDan Nelson18 Sep
    • Re: Slow query join problemAllen18 Sep
  • Re: Slow query join problemJoseph Bueno18 Sep