List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harald Fuchs Date:September 18 2003 10:15am
Subject:Re: mysqldump with innoDB
View as plain text
In article <3F68FD43.9080708@stripped>,
Daniel Kasak <dkasak@stripped> writes:

> Paul DuBois wrote:
>> If you have problems reloading the table due to the order
>> in which the InnoDB tables appear in the dump files, add
>>
>> SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;
>>
>> to the beginning of the file before reloading it.
>>
> Our backups are quick large - over 500 MB. Opening the file and adding
> the above line at the top takes a lot of CPU time and memory - and
> when I'm restoring, I don't have a lot of time...

> Is there an easier way to get it there - can I 'cat' to the beginning
> of a file, or should I make my backup scripts cat the output of
> mysqldump to the end of a file with 'set foreign_key_check=0;' at the
> top? Maybe we could have a switch for mysqldump that does this for us?

Here's an excerpt from my backup script:

  for db in $DBNAMES; do
    ( echo "SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;"
      echo ""
      mysqldump -u backup --opt $db
      echo "SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;"
    ) | bzip2 >$date.$db.bz2
  done

Thread
mysqldump with innoDBIrwin Boutboul17 Sep
  • Re: mysqldump with innoDBPaul DuBois17 Sep
    • Re: mysqldump with innoDBDaniel Kasak18 Sep
      • Re: mysqldump with innoDBPaul DuBois18 Sep
      • Re: mysqldump with innoDBFranky18 Sep
  • Re: mysqldump with innoDBHarald Fuchs18 Sep
  • Large number of DatabasesRichard18 Sep
  • Re: Large number of DatabasesHarald Fuchs18 Sep
    • Re: Large number of DatabasesGustavo A. Baratto18 Sep
      • Re: Large number of DatabasesJeremy Zawodny18 Sep
        • Re: Large number of DatabasesGustavo A. Baratto18 Sep
          • Re: Large number of DatabasesDan Nelson18 Sep
          • Re: Large number of DatabasesJeremy Zawodny18 Sep