List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 18 2003 3:27am
Subject:Re: mysqldump with innoDB
View as plain text
At 10:33 AM +1000 9/18/03, Daniel Kasak wrote:
>Paul DuBois wrote:
>>If you have problems reloading the table due to the order
>>in which the InnoDB tables appear in the dump files, add
>>to the beginning of the file before reloading it.
>Our backups are quick large - over 500 MB. Opening the file and
>adding the above line at the top takes a lot of CPU time and memory
>- and when I'm restoring, I don't have a lot of time...
>Is there an easier way to get it there - can I 'cat' to the
>beginning of a file, or should I make my backup scripts cat the
>output of mysqldump to the end of a file with 'set
>foreign_key_check=0;' at the top? Maybe we could have a switch for
>mysqldump that does this for us?

You can use SOURCE:

shell> mysql [plus any other options you need here]
mysql> SOURCE your_dump_file;

Or a cat trick:

shell> echo "SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECK = 0;" | cat - your_dump_file | mysql

mysqldump will add the SET statement to its output in MySQL 4.1.1,
so this messing around won't be necessary.

Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified?

mysqldump with innoDBIrwin Boutboul17 Sep
  • Re: mysqldump with innoDBPaul DuBois17 Sep
    • Re: mysqldump with innoDBDaniel Kasak18 Sep
      • Re: mysqldump with innoDBPaul DuBois18 Sep
      • Re: mysqldump with innoDBFranky18 Sep
  • Re: mysqldump with innoDBHarald Fuchs18 Sep
  • Large number of DatabasesRichard18 Sep
  • Re: Large number of DatabasesHarald Fuchs18 Sep
    • Re: Large number of DatabasesGustavo A. Baratto18 Sep
      • Re: Large number of DatabasesJeremy Zawodny18 Sep
        • Re: Large number of DatabasesGustavo A. Baratto18 Sep
          • Re: Large number of DatabasesDan Nelson18 Sep
          • Re: Large number of DatabasesJeremy Zawodny18 Sep