List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:October 3 1999 11:02pm
Subject:Re: Looking for a table editor
View as plain text
On Sun, 1999-10-03 09:49:42 -0500, Gary Mills wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a table editor for MySQL?  By this, I'm
> thinking of a tool that displays a portion of a database table,
> allows you to make changes to it, and then applies the changes to
> the table via SQL or the client API.  I'm looking for something more
> convenient than hand-crafted SQL.

Do you have access to MS-Access? (silly play on words, I know :-)
You can use it to access MySQL databases via ODBC and it's quite
good a graphical frontend and db editor.

See chapters "16 MySQL ODBC Support", especially "16.3 Programs known
to work with MyODBC", and "B.6 Using MySQL with other products" of the
MySQL Reference Manual.

Regards,
  Martin
PGP KeyID=0xE8EF4F75 FiPr=5244 5EF3 B0B1 3826  E4EC 8058 7B31 3AD7
Thread
Looking for a table editorGary Mills3 Oct
  • Re: Looking for a table editorMartin Ramsch4 Oct