List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:September 12 2003 1:19am
Subject:Re: mysql dump speed
View as plain text
On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 04:27:10PM -0400, Brent Baisley wrote:
> Have tried using the --opt parameter on mysqldump? This is supposed
> optimize the dump speed and create a file optimized for reloading. I
> haven't played with this option, so I don't know what kind of
> difference it makes.

It makes a very big difference.  --opt tells mysqldump to use MySQL's
extended insert syntax, so you're insering the data for many rows with
a single query.  That can often give you a speed boost of 10x or more.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 4 days, processed 168,707,245 queries (449/sec. avg)
Thread
mysql dump speeddan orlic11 Sep
  • Re: mysql dump speedMatt W11 Sep
  • Re: mysql dump speedBrent Baisley11 Sep
    • Re: mysql dump speedJeremy Zawodny12 Sep
  • RE: mysql dump speedJon Frisby11 Sep