List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anan Tongprasith Date:September 11 2003 5:30pm
Subject:Query optimizer decision to use index depends on data?
View as plain text
I have two tables which are exactly the same but have different set of data on them. I
wrote a query and used EXPLAIN to see how it would run on each table.
It turn out that the same query will use index on one table but not the other. So I delete
all data on the "bad" table (the one that won't use index) and copy data from the "good"
table over.
Now it says it will use index. Is this a bug?

Anan Tongprasith <atongprasith@stripped>
Thread
Query optimizer decision to use index depends on data?Anan Tongprasith11 Sep
  • Re: Query optimizer decision to use index depends on data?Brent Baisley11 Sep
RE: Query optimizer decision to use index depends on data?Anan Tongprasith11 Sep
  • RE: Query optimizer decision to use index depends on data?Keith C. Ivey11 Sep
RE: Query optimizer decision to use index depends on data?Anan Tongprasith11 Sep