List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alistair MacDonald Date:October 2 1999 6:07pm
Subject:Re: MySQL in memory
View as plain text

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, randyboy wrote:
>   I'm looking into the prospects of running a MySQL db out a RAM disk.  I
> guess the simplest way of doing that would be to copy the db files into
> memory and starting MySQL using the files in memory.  However, I run into
> problems with having to update both the db files in memory and the db
> files on disk while the system is running.  I suppose that also requires

This sounds as though you are wanting to run the database from the ram
disk purely for performance reasons. If so, it is unlikely to gain you
much, apart from the complexity of synchronising the data. Increasing the
amount of buffer/cache space would probably achieve what you want with
fewer drawbacks.

Alistair

Thread
MySQL in memoryrandyboy2 Oct
  • Re: MySQL in memoryAlistair MacDonald2 Oct
    • Re: MySQL in memoryJani Tolonen3 Oct
  • Re: MySQL in memorysinisa3 Oct
    • Re: MySQL in memoryRobert Hazeltine3 Oct
    • Re: MySQL in memoryRobbin Zhang3 Oct
      • Re: MySQL in memoryJani Tolonen3 Oct
        • Re: MySQL in memoryRobbin Zhang3 Oct
          • Re: MySQL in memoryrandyboy3 Oct
            • Re: MySQL in memoryMatthias Urlichs4 Oct
            • Re: MySQL in memorysinisa4 Oct
            • Re: MySQL in memoryScott Hess4 Oct
      • Re: MySQL in memorysinisa4 Oct