List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Nolan Date:September 5 2003 1:48am
Subject:ISAM....the name sounds so familiar....
View as plain text
Hi all,

One of my clients has two applications running on SCO OpenServer (I said
a naughty word...oh dear...) boxes. Personally, I have major personal
and professional problems with this current arrangement and am trying as
quickly as possible to move them away from these ancient things.

Interestingly, both of the applications in question (written in COBOL
for reasons I fail to understand) both mention ISAM storage engines when
starting. Is there any relationship here to the storage engine MySQL
uses as it's default? I'm just looking for an easy way of pulling this
data out should it be needed for whatever reason and would prefer to do
it with a proper database, written in a proper language, running on a
proper operating system (preferably running on a proper server platform,
like an x86-64 box).

Regards,

Chris

Thread
ISAM....the name sounds so familiar....Chris Nolan4 Sep
  • Re: ISAM....the name sounds so familiar....Dan Nelson4 Sep
RE: ISAM....the name sounds so familiar....Adam Fortuno4 Sep