List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Wexler Date:August 28 2003 8:40pm
Subject:Re: speeding up fulltext
View as plain text
Because his query only returns one record. A limit wouldn't make any
difference.

John Larsen wrote:

> Mark wrote:
> Why don't you just always put a limit 1000 on it, do you ever need
> more than that?
>
>> Hi,
>> I have a fulltext index on a table with 80,000 rows. when I do a
>> search for a common word it is very slow, for example:
>>
>> select count(*) from resources where match title,keywords
>> against('common word');
>>
>> might take over a minute if there are a 5,000 or so rows that match.
>> I'm looking for a way to speed this up and I'm thinking about adding
>> as stop words any word that occurs in more than 1000 records. is
>> there a way to find these? or is there something else someone can
>> suggest?
>>
>> here are some of my variables:
>> ft_boolean_syntax               | + -><()~*:""&
>> ft_min_word_len                 | 4
>> ft_max_word_len                 | 254
>> ft_max_word_len_for_sort        | 20
>> ft_stopword_file                | (built-in)
>> key_buffer_size                 | 268435456
>> myisam_sort_buffer_size         | 67108864
>>
>> here is my table size on disk:
>> -rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        8976 Aug 27 10:20 resources.frm
>> -rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql    134471560 Aug 28 09:33 resources.MYD
>> -rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql    61629440 Aug 28 10:23 resources.MYI
>>
>> any tips are appreciated.
>> thanks,
>> - Mark

Thread
speeding up fulltextMark28 Aug
  • Re: speeding up fulltextJohn Larsen28 Aug
    • Re: speeding up fulltextMike Wexler28 Aug
    • Re: speeding up fulltextMark29 Aug
      • Re: speeding up fulltextmos29 Aug
  • Re: speeding up fulltextSantino29 Aug