List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:August 25 2003 5:47pm
Subject:Re: Optimize Question
View as plain text
In the last episode (Aug 25), Patrick Crowley said:
> I just tried that, but with mixed results.
>
> Like before, when I added an index on publish, I get a 'range' join, but
> it's still doing filesort.
>
> > | theater | range | status_publish | 1 | NULL | 4279 | where used; Using
> filesort
>
> Any way around that?

Hm.  With a compound index on all those fields, it shouldn't have to
sort anything.  I wonder why keylen is '1' in what you pasted there.
That sounds like it decided it didn't need (or couldn't use) the rest
of the index.

What version of mysql is this?  If you're running 3.23, does 4.0.14 do the
same thing?  And if you can try it, does 4.1.0?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped