List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pag Date:August 24 2003 6:44am
Subject:Re: finding out what localhost is
View as plain text

>"localhost" is used in mysql to refer to the Unix domain socket.  For
>security, they may not even provide remote TCP access to the mysql
>server.  If "SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'skip_networking'" returns ON, then
>TCP access has been disabled.  Otherwise, "SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'port'"
>will tell you what port number it's listening on.

         Already checked the variables, the skip_network is OFF, and the
port is shown. I assume its then possible to remotely connect to the
database? BUt how do i know where to connect to? Thats my doubt? By domain
name? By ip? Nothing seems to work.

         Pag

Thread
finding out what localhost isPag24 Aug
  • Re: finding out what localhost isDan Nelson24 Aug
    • Re: finding out what localhost isPag24 Aug
      • Re: finding out what localhost isFred van Engen24 Aug