List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pag Date:August 24 2003 4:33am
Subject:finding out what localhost is
View as plain text
	Heres the problem. I have one of my client's site hosted on a crappy
server, and i have it running with php+mysql ok, the thing is i need to
connect to that site's mysql's database from a remote site to get some
data. The problem is that on the origin site (the crappy server), to
connect to the database, i use "localhost". How can i find out the real
server to connect to from the other site? I tried using the whole domain,
like www.crappyserver.com, but that doesnt work. :-P tried using the ip and
still nothing, how can i find out the real "server/port" of the mysql
database on the crappyserver?
	Thanks.

	Pag

Thread
finding out what localhost isPag24 Aug
  • Re: finding out what localhost isDan Nelson24 Aug
    • Re: finding out what localhost isPag24 Aug
      • Re: finding out what localhost isFred van Engen24 Aug