List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nils Valentin Date:August 21 2003 5:37am
Subject:SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%dir%'; (basedir and datadir)
View as plain text
Hello MySQL Fans,

This time I am using 4.0.13-max (tar format from www.mysql.com) on
Redhat 9.

I have an understanding question why would the command SHOW VRAIABLES
give me once the real output and once the symlink ouput for directory
names ?

Sample (datadir and basedir) :

  mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%dir%';
| Variable_name              | Value                                      |
| basedir                    | /usr/local/mysql-max-4.0.13-pc-linux-i686/ |
| bdb_logdir                 |                                            |
| bdb_tmpdir                 | /tmp/                                      |
| datadir                    | /usr/local/mysql/data/                     |
| innodb_data_home_dir       |                                            |
| innodb_log_arch_dir        | ./                                         |
| innodb_log_group_home_dir  | ./                                         |
| innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct | 90                                         |
| tmpdir                     | /tmp/                                      |
9 rows in set (0.04 sec)

Best regards

Nils Valentin

Tokyo/Japan

Thread
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%dir%'; (basedir and datadir)Nils Valentin21 Aug
  • Re: SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%dir%'; (basedir and datadir)Sergei Golubchik22 Aug